- Uwajimaya (Bento box)
- Pike Place Market (Piroshky-Piroshky, Beecher's Handmade Cheese, coffee)
- Bauhaus Books/Coffee
- Experience Music Project (The dub room, duh. And architecture.)
- Koolhaas Library (Architecture)
- Flea Market? Thrift stores?
- Stanley Park (There are totem poles there!)
- Chinatown Night Market
- Eat
- Regional Assembly of Text
- Punjabi Market (Kim, textiles!)
- Native Indian Art
------------------------------
Well, I've gone and booked a one-night stay in downtown Vancouver, BC! Spending two whole days & one night will hardly be sufficient, but since we're having to divide our time between Seattle & Vancouver, it'll do. From what I've read, Vancouver is naturally, breathtakingly beautiful. And that the sushi from there will ruin sushi from here forever. And the train ride is incredible. Oh, and it's CANADA. The next Winter Olympics will be held there, so there may be some municipal weirdness. Not too bad, I hope.
I said to ATM earlier that we'll need to remember to relax. I mean, I don't want to come home from vacation exhausted. Or maybe I do. Fug.
I've spent so many hours today & this evening researching the two cities. I've sifted through the Internets, looked at maps, gone through travel guides. I'm taking notes on napkins and little notebooks and post-its. I tried to look up things that may interest ATM & KMHD, but hopefully they both have an idea of things they'd like to do or accomplish. It'll be great and I'm certain that I'll gain an even twenty pounds, there's so much good food apparently.
It's been a long time since I've been that area, but I remember the trees, always. Big, beautiful, I always want to lug one home.
What is the first thing, besides Frasier, do you think of when you think of Seattle? The Space Needle? The Seattle Super Sonics? MotherLoveBone? Starbucks? You tell me! WOT IS QUINTESSENTIAL SEATTLE?
1 comment:
I remember when Stephen slapped Irene on the Real World Seattle. WTF!
Post a Comment